Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) enPR: nô, IPA (key): /nɔː/, SAMPA: /nO:/
- (US) enPR: nôr, IPA (key): /nɔːr/, SAMPA: /nO:r/
Audio (US) (file)
- Used to show two things that are both untrue or do not happen.
- He was calm, neither happy nor sad.
- Neither my wife nor I knew what to do.
- I don't belong here. Nor do you.
- Nor is used to show that a something that is not true in one case is also not true in another case.
- Synonym: neither
- I don't belong here, and nor do you.
Some people find this use of nor after and or but ungrammatical.