Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈnaɪðər/, /ˈniːðər/
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈnaɪðə(r)/, /ˈniːðə(r)/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: nei‧ther
- (definite) (singular) (count) Not one or the other; not either; none of two things.
- Neither definition seems correct.
- Neither Sarah nor John is going to the concert on Saturday.
- Fresia and Lydia sat on either side of the bed, but neither spoke.
- Neither of his two kids wants to work for him.
- He only has two friends, and neither one is interesting.
- In the first game neither side scored.
- Neither Darwin nor Huxley worked at Oxford.
- This helps neither you nor me.
- We are neither saying that it's wrong, nor are we saying you should try it.
- Neither is used to show that a something that is not true in one case is also not true in another case.
- She didn't have one, and neither did I.
- If you don't go, then neither will I.
- "I can't touch it." "Neither can I."