- If something is native, it belongs to you by birth.
- This is my native land.
- English is not my native language.
- I'm a native New Yorker, born and raised in Brooklyn.
- If a group of people are native to an area, they have been there since the beginning.
- The native peoples of Australia are called aborigines.
- A person who is native to a place; the word is sometimes used by colonizers to negatively describe indigenous people.
- Some natives must have stolen our cattle.
- A native is someone who was born in the place being talked about.
- To enter the state beauty contest, you must be a native of the state.