Jump to navigation Jump to search
Manipulation is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- (uncountable) Manipulation is the act of controlling someone or something, usually through pressure or in dishonest ways.
- The political manipulation of statistics to confuse people is common.
- In data manipulation on a parallel computer all bits of a word are processed at the same time.
- All too often, guilt is also a form of manipulation - a way of hurting or punishing others.
- (uncountable) Manipulation is the act of using your hands skillfully to move, play or operate something.
- He tried to remove the piece by gentle manipulation from the outside.