- (countable) A league is a group of sports teams that play against each other.
- Rodriguez won the American League most-valuable-player award in 2003 and 2005.
- The chances of your son making the National Hockey League are close to zero.
- He spent the summer driving around Texas, watching minor league baseball games.
- They played in this year's league championship, but lost by six points.
- They could win and finish as the best team in the best league.
- (countable) A league is a group of people who have joined together to promote a similar idea.
- The League of Conservation Voters is one of the largest and most political environmental groups in the country.
- If you are not in the same league as somebody else, they are much better than or different from you.
- The Toyota Corolla is not even in the same league as the beautiful new Jaguar.
- If you are out of your league, you're trying something too difficult for you.
- If you are in league with somebody, you are working with them, usually in secret and for a bad reason.
- (countable) (old, no longer used) A league is a distance of 4,828 metres on land or 5,556 metres at sea.