Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) enPR: lônch, IPA: /lɔːntʃ/, SAMPA: /lO:ntS/
- (US) enPR: lônch, IPA: /lɔntʃ/, SAMPA: /lOntS/
- (cot-caught merger) IPA: /lɑntʃ/ SAMPA: /lAntS/
Audio (US) (file)
- (transitive) If you launch something, you throw it.
- During the fight, he launched a dart at my head. Luckily, he missed.
- (transitive) If you launch a boat, you put it in water.
- Bob is having a party to launch his new speed boat this weekend.
- (transitive) If you launch something, you start it or get it going.
- The movie star is going to launch her new clothing line next month.
- If I can get the money I need, I plan to launch my restaurant within a year.
- This opportunity could really launch your career.