Jump to navigation Jump to search
- enPR: nīt
- IPA (key): /naɪt/ or /knaɪt/
- SAMPA: /naIt/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (Massachusetts) (file)
- Homophone(s): night, nite
- (countable) A knight was a man who fought in battles on a horse during the Middle Ages.
- The knights rode up to the castle and broke in.
- (countable) A knight is a person who has been given knighthood by a king or queen.
- (countable), (chess) A chess piece, often in the shape of a horse's head, that is moved two squares in one direction and one at right angles to that direction in a single move, leaping over any pieces in between.