- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈdʒuːnɪə/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈdʒunjər/ or /ˈdʒunjɚ/
Audio (UK) (file)
- Hyphenation: ju‧nior
- The third academic year in a high school or university.
- I'm hoping that my junior year will be better than my sophomore year.
- In some cases, used to show less experience, not age.
- He is the Junior Senator from that state.
- (countable) A younger person.
- Steve is four years his brother's junior.
- (countable) A third-year student at a high school or university.
- I'm a junior, but a lot of my friends are seniors.
- (countable) A name ending used after a son's name when his father has the same name. It is often shortened to Jr.
- Which President Bush do you mean, junior or senior?