Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) (US) IPA (key): /ˈdʒæm/
- (UK) (AU) IPA (key): /ˈdʒæːm/
- fruit spread
Audio (UK) (file)
Audio (UK) (file) Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- (uncountable) Jam is a sweet spread for bread made by boiling fruit.
- I want blueberry jam on my toast.
- (countable) A jam is a hard situation.
- I’m in a jam right now. Can you help me out?
- (countable) A jam can be a blockage; congestion.
- I'll be late to work today because of that traffic jam.
- If you jam something, it means you get it stuck or blocked in a small area; congested.
- The stapler that I was using jammed. Can I use that one please?
- If you jam your finger or toe, it means it hit it against another object.
- If you jam, it means that you play music.
- If you jam a signal, it means you block it from broadcasting.