Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (US) IPA: /ɪntɚprəˈteɪʃən/
- (UK) IPA: /ɪntəprəˈteɪʃən/
- Hyphenation: in‧ter‧pre‧ta‧tion
Audio (UK) (file)
- (countable & uncountable) An interpretation is an attempt to understand something.
- Weather forecasters use a lot of data, but the interpretation of the data is very difficult.
- In our interpretation the output data in Table 2 is an acceptable variation of that in Table 1.
- (countable) An interpretation is one meaning that something might have, or one way that one person understands something.
- I don't think your interpretation is what the writer meant.
- One interpretation of the poem "Cross" by Langston Hughes is that "Cross" symbolize the speaker's mixed race.
- The hospital offers interpretation services between English and French, Spanish, and Punjabi.
- An interpretation expresses an individual’s opinion about artistic work.
- One interpretation of "Alive" is that people will do anything to survive.