Jump to navigation Jump to search
Immigration is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- Hyphenation: im‧mi‧gra‧tion
- (uncountable) Immigration is the movement of people or animals into an area, usually a country.
- Immigration from the Caribbean makes up only 2 per cent of all immigrants.
- The government wants to tighten immigration controls, but it does not want to be seen as anti-foreign.
- In 1924 US legislation effectively placed a ban on Japanese immigration.