Jump to navigation Jump to search
- horn is part of the Basic English 850.
- (UK) enPR: hôn, IPA (key): /hɔːn/, SAMPA: /hO:n/
- (US) enPR: hôrn, IPA (key): /hɔːrn/, SAMPA: /hO:rn/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- (countable) A horn is a long, sharp thing that grows on the head of some animals such as goats and sheep.
- The goat used its horn to break the fence.
- They used a cow's horn as a cup to drink out of.
- (countable) A horn is a musical instrument that you blow and usually made of metal.