Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA (key): /ˈɡrævɪti/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: grav‧i‧ty
- (uncountable) (physics) Gravity is the physical force that attracts all matter, for example what makes things fall to the ground.
- Because of the Earth's larger size, gravity here is stronger than the pull of gravity on the moon.
- (uncountable) The gravity of a situation is how serious and worrying it is.
- Synonyms: seriousness, importance and significance
- I don't think she understands the gravity of her crime.