Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈɡəʊl.dən/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈɡoʊl.dən/ or [ˈɡəl.dən]
Audio (US) (file) Audio (AU) (file)
- Hyphenation: gol‧den
- If something is golden it is made from gold.
- If something is golden it is the same color as gold:
- If something is golden it is very good.
- It was a golden age, when everything seemed beautiful.
- I use to be a golden boy like you. -- Don Henley, "The Garden of Allah"
- Your golden years are when you are old and retired from work.
- I use to watch a show about old ladies. It was called "The Golden Girls."
- The golden anniversary is the 50th anniversary.
- Her grandparents were celebrating the golden anniversary of their wedding.