Jump to content
- (countable) A gap is a difference in the level of two groups.
- The money is to help bridge the gap between rich schools and poor schools.
- The gender gap in education is widening; fewer girls are going to school.
- The plan should narrow the growing gap between what students know and what businesses want.
- The company has closed the wage gap by raising women's salaries.
- (countable) A gap is a small space or a short time between two things.
- Watch the gap between the platform and the train.
- There was a two-hour gap between when he arrived and the meeting time.
- Josh is one student who fell through the gaps and never learned to read.
- (countable) A gap is missing space, time, information, etc.
- We don't know exactly what happened, but the new information will help us fill in some gaps in the story.
- There are still some gaps in the budget, but most things have been paid for.