- (uncountable) The hair of an animal.
- My dog has very soft fur.
- (countable) Hairy skin of an animal, often used to make of clothes.
- It take many beaver furs to make a coat.
- (countable) or (uncountable) Clothes made from animal fur.
- She loved to wear fur.
- She often wears furs.
- She had fur on last night.
Preposition / Conjunction / Subordinator[change]
- (informal) A joke spelling of for, from how for said in some non-standard kinds of English. Also spelled "fer."
- He ain't been a-huntin' fur long. (Meaning: "He has not been hunting for long.")