Jump to navigation Jump to search
- from is part of the Basic English 850.
- (UK) IPA (key): /frɒm/
- (US) enPR: frŭm, IPA (key): /frʌm/;
- (unstressed) enPR: frəm, IPA (key): /frəm/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (file)
- When something is from someone, the person gave or sent it.
- I got a gift from my grandmother today.
- When someone is from a place, that's where they started.
- I am Chinese. I come from Hunan province.
- Sorry I'm late. I just came from school.
- You use from to talk about distances between thing in space or time.
- Saturn is far from earth.
- School is 5km from my home.
- The year 2515 is a long time from now.