- fold is part of the Basic English 850.
Audio (US) (file)
- If you fold something thin such as paper, you bend it so it touches itself.
- In poker, if you fold, you stop betting and withdraw.
- After three people folded, there were only two people left in the game, betting against each other.
- If you fold on ingredient into another, you stir it gently and carefully with a folding action.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- (countable) A fold is a bend or a crease.
- There was a fold down the middle of the paper.
- (countable) A fold is a small place with a fence around it where people keep sheep.
- After the sheep eat grass all day in the fields, they come home to the fold where it's safe for the night.