Jump to navigation Jump to search
Exposure is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
Audio (US) (file)
- (countable & uncountable) If has exposure to , is not hidden or protected from .
- Staying out of the sun between 11am and 3pm can reduce exposure by 60 per cent.
- Prolonged exposure to cold and wet may increase the chance of disease.
- As a child of a Canadian father and Japanese mother, he had exposure to many different viewpoints.
- The exposure of his crimes was the end of his career.
- She had multiple exposures to the gas before becoming ill.
- The campers died of exposure after two weeks in the cold.
- (photography); (uncountable) The exposure is the amount of time that a film is hit by light.
- (photography); (countable) One exposure is one section of film that is hit by light at one time.