- To use up completely.
- So many people came to dinner that we had exhausted the supply of silverware. I had to use my fingers.
- To empty by using.
- The well was exhausted.
- To wear out; use up one's strength, patience, or resources.
- You look exhausted, have you had any sleep?
- To completely develop or discuss some topic or idea.
- We exhausted our money saving topic, there was nothing else to talk about on it.
- The part of an engine or motor where burned gases or steam comes out.
- A pipe or vent used to take bad air out of a room or closed space.