Audio (US) (file)
- An effective strategy, treatment, method, etc is one that works well as planned.
- Antonym: ineffective
- Teachers are using instructional strategies that are most effective in helping students learn.
- If you have effective command, consent, control, etc., you have it in practice but not officially.
- The students had effective control over what the teacher would include on the test.
- If a law, agreement, change, etc. becomes effective, it officially begins.
- The new rules about ball size are effective next season.
- This word is commonly confused with affective, which is a rare technical word about emotions.
- You use effective to say when something starts officially.
- Effective next week, all employees will wear the new uniform.