Jump to content
- (countable & uncountable) Denial is the act or process of saying that something isn't true or didn't happen.
- There is the complete denial that anything unusual is happening.
- (countable & uncountable) The denial of something is the act or process of stopping others from having or getting it.
- The hospital's denial of care to the poor is unacceptable.
- The government's denial of her request means she will not be able to continue.
- (uncountable) (psychology) If someone is in denial, they cannot accept an unpleasant fact.
- He has been in denial since the death of his father.