Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA (key): /kənˈtrɪbjuːt/ or /ˈkɒntrɪˌbjuːt/
- SAMPA: /k@n"trIbju:t/ or /"kQntrI%bju:t/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: con‧tri‧bute
- (intransitive) If contributes to , is one of a number of things that together make or cause .
- Unusually warm temperatures may have significantly contributed to the amount of rain we've had.
- There are a lot of factors that are contributing to the strong economy.
- Staff writer Karlyn Barker contributed to this report.
- This information contributes to our understanding of the problem.
- Reduced rainfall may have contributed to the decline of the Mayan civilization.
- (transitive & intransitive) If you contribute something, you make it available to other people.
- Everybody contributed $10 to pay for the present.
- Are you able to contribute a hour a week to help us out?