Jump to navigation Jump to search
- time: Without break or interruption; without intervening time
- a continuous current of electricity
- He can hear its continuous murmur. - Longfellow.
- without intervening space; continued; extended
- a continuous line of railroad
- botany: Not varying from uniformity; not interrupted; not joined or articulated.
- grammar: Expressing an ongoing action or state.
- (without break or interruption in time): constant, continual, never-ending, ongoing, unbroken, unceasing, unending, uninterrupted
- (without break, cessation, or interruption in space): connected, unbroken
- (without break, cessation, or interruption in time): broken, discontinuous, discrete, intermittent, interrupted
- (without break, cessation, or interruption in space): broken, disconnected, disjoint, unbroken