Constitutional is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
Audio (US) (file)
- If a law, a right, an action, etc. is constitutional, it is legal within the constitution of the particular country.
- Antonym: unconstitutional
- The court ruled that the new law was constitutional and that there was no need for the government to change it.
- If something is constitutional it is related to a constitution.
- I think freedom of speech should be a constitutional right for everyone because everyone should have right to speak out.
- The government is planning some constitutional changes.
- American has an elaborate system of constitutional checks and balances.
- If you take a constitutional, you go for a walk for exercise or health. (old fashioned word)
- He's nearly 80 and still takes a constitutional every morning.