Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˌkɒnstɪˈtjuːʃən/ or /ˌkɒnstɪˈtʃuːʃən/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˌkɑnstɪˈtuʃən/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: con‧sti‧tu‧tion
- (countable) The constitution of a country or organization is the basic set of laws that explain how all the other laws and rules must be made and followed.
- To change the constitution, the government must have the agreement of 2/3 of the members of parliament.
- (countable) The constitution of a person or object is the qualities that best define that person or object.
- His stubborn constitution led him into a number of conflicts he could have avoided.