Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) enPR: kô(r)s, IPA (key): /kɔː(r)s/, SAMPA: /kO:(r)s/
- (US) enPR: kô(r)s, IPA (key): /kɔː(r)s/ or /koʊrs/, SAMPA: /KO:(r)s/ or koUrs/
Audio (US) (file)
- Homophone(s): course
- When an object is coarse, it is rough and not smooth.
- Synonym: rough
- I prefer to season with fine salt instead of coarse salt because it mixes more easily.
- If a person is coarse, they are not refined or do not have tact.
- Why do you use such coarse language? It makes it seem as you have no manners at all.