Jump to content
- (countable) A classification the system of groups that are based on the characteristics of the group members.
- Linnaeus was known for his system of plant classification, which ordered plants according to their sexual parts.
- The Library of Congress Classification puts these books together.
- (uncountable) Classification is the process of organizing things into groups based on their characteristics.
- The information that was originally on our website was based on an earlier classification.
- (countable) A classification is one group of things that have similar characteristics.
- The raises are going out mostly to employees in different skill classifications.