Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA: /ˈklæ.sɪk/
- If something is classic, it's typical.
- Richard Branson is a classic example of success without schooling.
- If something is classic, it has a long history and it is liked.
- His clothes were a mixture of classic and modern styles.
- A classic is a book, play, song, etc. that has a long history and is liked.
- Every time a classic like that comes on the radio, I just have to stop and listen.
- This book has become a classic of Canadian fiction.
- (plural) The classics are the language and art from ancient Rome and Greece.
- You've never read Homer? Schools don't teach the classics these days.