Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- (countable); (usually plural) The circumstances surrounding an action or event includes all the information that helps you understand the action or event.
- Though war is a terrible thing, it is necessary under certain circumstances.
- Given the circumstances, I think we need to be flexible.
- (uncountable) Circumstance is the events that affect you but that you cannot control.
- We hadn't planned it, but we ended up together by circumstance.