Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA: /ˈkɒntɛkst/, SAMPA: /"kQntEkst/
- (US) IPA: /ˈkɑntɛkst/, SAMPA: /"kAntEkst/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (countable & uncountable) Something's context is the situation that it happens in.
- Sometime, we can't read someone's writing, but the message can be understood in context because human readers use their knowledge of language and the world to help us.
- The actions of a business cannot be fully understood except in the context of a particular organisation.