Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A city is large area where many people live and work, larger than a town.
- Tokyo and New York are two of the world's largest cities.
- There's too much crime in the inner city.
- (countable) The city is the government that has power over a city.
- A city usually builds roads and parks, and keeps them in good shape.
- The city has its offices in a building called a city hall.
- The mayor asked city council to reduce taxes.
- (countable) The city is the people who live in the city.
- The city is afraid of the change.