Jump to navigation Jump to search
- cake is part of the Basic English 850.
- (countable & uncountable) A cake is a sweet baked food.
- Natasha's mum baked her a cake for her birthday.
- Would you like some cake for dessert?
- (countable & uncountable) A cake is a food that is made into a flat, usually round, shape.
- At that time of year, we make small Japanese rice cakes called mochi.
- (countable) A cake of soap or ice, is a hard piece of it.
- He took a cake of soap and started to wash.
- If something is a piece of cake, it's very easy.
- Yesterday's test was a piece of cake. I got twenty out of twenty.
- (transitive) If something is caked, then it is coated with a layer of some material.
- His shoes are caked with mud.