Jump to navigation Jump to search
- bread is part of the Basic English 850.
- (AU) enPR: brĕd, IPA (key): /brɛd/, SAMPA: /brEd/ or IPA (key): /breːd/, SAMPA: /bre:d/
- (UK) (US) enPR: brĕd, IPA (key): /brɛd/, SAMPA: /brEd/
Audio (UK) (file) Audio (US) (file)
- Homophone(s): bred
- (uncountable) Bread is food made from mixing flour, water, and yeast.
- Small children love eating bread and butter.
- Yeast is not always used to make bread. When yeast is not used, the bread is called unleavened bread.