Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (old, no longer used) A fortified town; a town or city.
- A town that has a municipal corporation and certain traditional rights.
- An administrative district (part of a city) in some cities, for example, London.
- An administrative unit of a city which, under most circumstances according to law, would be considered a larger or more powerful entity; most commonly used in American English to define the five counties that make up New York City.
- Other similar administrative units in cities and states in various parts of the world.
- A district in Alaska that has powers similar to a county.