Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) enPR: bŏg, IPA: /bɒɡ/, SAMPA: /bQg/
- (US) enPR: bäg, IPA: /bɑg/, SAMPA: /bAg/
Audio (UK) (file) Audio (US) (file)
- A bog is large wet area with many plants.
- The frog jumped away into the bog.
- (intransitive); (informal) To become bogged is to become slowed down or stuck.
- Too many people on the bus made it bog down and then stop.
- (transitive); (British); (informal) To bog something is to make a mess of it.
- Why did you have to bog this whole thing up!?