Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A swamp is a wetland. In a swamp, most of the land is underwater. Land in a swamp is not usually more than a meter (or a few feet) under water. You could stand in a swamp with some of your body not in water.
- If something is swamped it is being covered of filled with water.
- The deck of our boat was swamped by the storm.
- If something is swamped is has gotten more of something than it can work with.
- Our office was swamped with phone calls.
- The store was swamped with customers last night.
- That many downloads would swamp our computers.