Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Hyphenation: be‧hind
- When something is behind a second thing, the first thing is in back of the second.
- When something is behind, it is toward the rear.
- The man stayed behind.
- A thing is behind when it happened in the past.
- We left that worry behind.
- The rear, back-end.
- Bottom, downside.
- Your behind is your butt, the buttocks, or bum.
- He was told he would get a kick on the behind if he kept being naughty
- (sports) In Australian rules football, a behind is the same as one point, scored if the ball goes between the tall goal post and the short behind post.
- He tried to kick a goal, but the ball went wide and he only got a behind.