Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (sentence adverb), (informal) You use anyway to say something does not matter, or you don't care.
- We were told not to go, but went anyway.
- I didn't go to the concert. I'm not a big rock fan, and I didn't have a ticket anyway.
- (sentence adverb), (informal) You use anyway to add some information to something you just said.
- Jesse and Anne had a big fight. That's what I heard anyway.
- (sentence adverb), (informal) You use anyway to change the topic or end a conversation.
- Yeah, the homework's going to be hard... anyway, did you hear about the football game?
- OK, anyway, I'll see you later.