- amusement is part of the Basic English 850.
- (uncountable) Amusement is the feeling you have when something is fun or funny or makes you laugh.
- (countable) An amusement is something that gets your attention and that you like; something like playing; something that is good but not useful.
- Movies, video games and toys are amusements.
- An amusement park has games, special food, and rides like a roller coaster and a merry-go-round.
- Movie theaters, arcade and restaurants are good places for amusement.