Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also lot
Audio (UK) (file)
- A lot is a large amount of something.
- I have a lot of things to say.
- He caused a lot of trouble.
- To a large degree.
- Running is a lot more fun when the weather is cool.
- He used to come here a lot, but he doesn't anymore.
- The lot in a lot is number transparent. In other words, it looks singular, but when it is the subject of a sentence, the verb should agree with the number of whatever is being talked about.
- A lot of water is running. (water is singular, so choose is)
- A lot of people are running. (people is plural, so choose are)