Wiktionary:Requests for permissions
This page is used for the requesting and removal of all tools on the Simple English Wiktionary. Please place whichever tool you want to request permissions for under the appropriate headers.
Administrator tools are there to better help the community. They are not a power. They also do not make certain users better than others. Jimbo Wales, the founder of the Wikimedia Foundation, said that adminship "should be no big deal".
If you want to request rollback:-
If you want to request autopatroller:-
If you want to request removal of your permissions then :-
If you want to request a permission, request it here. Use the code below for your request.
===[[User:your user name]]=== Reason here --~~~~
Please read the criteria for adminship before requesting the sysop flag.
Requests for adminship[change]
Hi all, I would like to nominate myself for adminship here. I've been contributing to simple wiktionary for some time now and have quite a lot of creations under my belt. Although they are not perfect, most of them have the basic stuff/format that is required for an entry. I understand local policies and guidelines, and also when are the times the sysop tools should or can be used. 大诺史 (Talk/留言/토론/Discussion) 15:10, 29 October 2019 (UTC)
- I support this.--Brett (talk) 15:18, 29 October 2019 (UTC)
- Support; will be useful in helping out. Vermont (talk) 03:25, 30 October 2019 (UTC)
- I asked 大诺史 a while ago to take on this role. He'll do a good job. Hiàn (talk) 03:59, 30 October 2019 (UTC)
- yes, I agree. Keep up the good work.--BRPever (talk) 10:39, 30 October 2019 (UTC)
Requests for interface administrator[change]
- None at this time
Requests for bureaucratship[change]
- None at this time
Requests for rollback[change]
The rollback requirements say that I can receive rollback on this wiki if I have rollback on another wiki. I would like to help out here any way I can. Proof I have rollback and reviewer on enwiki: []. EggRoll97 (talk) 08:29, 4 April 2019 (UTC)
- I haven't quite looked through the lot of your edits but I would prefer rollbackers from other wikis to be familiar with the differences between this wiki and other wikis; it does appear that you seem to be requesting rollback for the sake of having it. I myself disagree with the notion that editors can come here and be granted rollback solely for flags on other sites but if you're here to help out then I'll mark it as done later. Cheers, Hiàn (talk/editing on mobile account) 15:46, 4 April 2019 (UTC)
- I've given this a bit of thought and I'm going to mark this as not done. While you are correct in saying that the guideline permits being granted rollback based on rollback on other wikis, that is up to admin discretion and I don't believe granting to a user who's third (or fourth) edit is to request perms with no actual indication of whether they'll stick around or not is a particularly good idea. I'd be happy to reconsider in the future after a few more edits but until then please consider this not done. Hiàn (talk) 22:27, 4 April 2019 (UTC)
- You've been doing some fairly good work here and I'm reasonably certain you can use the tools well, so I've granted the tools. Thanks for the work you've done lately. Hiàn (talk) 19:01, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
Requests for autopatroller[change]
- None at this time
Requests for removal of rights[change]
Hi there. Per the desysop policy, I am proposing the procedural removal of Pmlineditor's rights under grounds of inactivity. His last edit was in August 2018 and he has not actively edited since early 2015, with his last logged action being in 2017. As always, should he return, he is more than free to request the rights back. Regards, Hiàn (talk) 14:34, 30 August 2019 (UTC)
Don't have the time to keep this up (as is pretty clear) and I don't want to drag anything out like some of the other sysops have so I'm resigning. Thanks for everything. Hiàn (talk) 04:01, 30 October 2019 (UTC)