Welcome to Simple English Wiktionary, the free dictionary written in Simple English! You don't have to log in if you want to read or change the entries on Simple English Wiktionary, but making an account is fast, free and easy. You don't have to tell us anything about yourself, and it helps you in many ways, for example:
- You can have a username of your choice
- You can see a list of all the changes you have made (my changes)
- You have your own user page
- You have your own talk page which, if you choose, also allows users to send you messages without knowing your e-mail address
- You have your own watchlist (my watched pages) to which you can add entries that interest you
- You can change the way the website looks to you, and the way it works for you
- You can ask to become an Administrator or Sysop (who can remove pages and put them back, protect them from being changed, edit protected pages, and block users for violation of our policies)
- Your opinion can be counted in formal votes and elections, and on pages like requests for deletion
Click here to create an account.
This template is used to welcome anonymous users onto Wiktionary by providing relevant links for him/her to get started changing Wiktionary and to encourage the user to create an account.
This template should be substituted on the respective user talk page, while adding a signature just after that. For example:
Template for welcoming anonymous users to the Simple English Wiktionary.
|No parameters specified|
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:welcomeanon/doc. (change | history)|
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (create | mirror) and testcases (create) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.