(Redirected from A)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- a is part of the Basic English 850.
- (letter name)
Audio (UK) (file)
Before vowel sounds
- A is used when the following word could be any of a certain type.
- Compare "A book I saw on the shelf" and "The book I gave you yesterday".
- If the following word starts with a vowel sound, then we use an instead.
- It is called the indefinite article.
- It is not used in the plural: a book → books but not
- A is the first letter of the alphabet.
- The letter "a" comes before "b".
- (school) In some schools, an A is a very high grade.
- Ron got an A on his earth science test.
|Letters of the Alphabet|