Jump to navigation Jump to search
- wash is part of the Basic English 850.
- (UK) IPA (key): /wɒʃ/, SAMPA: /wQS/
- (US) IPA (key): /wɑʃ/, SAMPA: /wAS/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- (transitive & intransitive) When you wash something, you clean it with water.
- I wash my car every day.
- The act of washing.
- He gave the dog a wash.
- The items for washing, before, after, or during the washing.
- He threw his dirty clothes in the wash.
- She brought the wash in from the clothesline.
- A failure.
- The program was a complete wash.
- His project is a wash.
- (idiomatic) With up: to be washed up is to be completely discouraged and burnt out.
- The Starcraft 2 servers were down and I was all washed up.