Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable); (often plural) Wages is the money a person is paid for doing their job.
- Only 6 percent of the wage earners in this country earn more than $ 100,000.
- They are working for minimum wage or $5 an hour.
- The workers were demanding higher wages.
- The average hourly wage rose only 2.8% last year.
- (transitive) If you wage a battle, war, or campaign for or against something, you fight or work hard for or against it.
- After his death in 1990, a five-year battle was waged in court for control of the $72 million estate.
- the Iranians hate Iraq for the war that they waged against them for eight years.
- This is the beginning of a long legal battle, similar to the campaign waged against the tobacco industry.