Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈvæleɪ/ or /ˈvælɪt/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈvæleɪ/ or /væˈleɪ/ or /ˈvælɪt/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (countable) A valet is a male servant who performs personal services for his master such as helping to dress him, sewing on buttons, polishing shoes, or maintaining his clothing.
- Synonym: butler
- The Prince of Wales has a valet, who looks after his clothes.
- (countable) An employee of a hotel, restaurant, country club, resort, inn, or other public or private facility who performs personal services for guests or members such as shining their shoes, simple ironing, parking or retrieving their automobile.
- The parking valet brought our car to the front door.
- (countable) A device such as a rack or a tray that holds a man's jacket, watch, or other personal items.
- He put his watch, ring, and stick pin in the valet on top of the dresser.