Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /vəˈkeɪʃn/ or /vəˈkeɪʃən/
- (US) enPR: vā-kā'shən, IPA (key): /veɪˈkeɪʃn/ or /veɪˈkeɪʃən/, SAMPA: /veI"keIS@n/
Audio (US) (file)
- (countable) A vacation is some time, usually between a week and a month, when people do not have to go to work, but get paid.
- Our last vacation was very nice.
- We took a two-week vacation at the end of July.
- Our annual vacations are the chance to renew family ties.
- (intransitive) If you vacation, you take a vacation; you take some time off.
- My husband and I vacationed to the Bahamas over the weekend.
- We will be vacationing in the Adirondacks this summer.
- Tom vacations at the seashore every year.