Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /təˈwɔːd/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈtwɔrd/ or /təˈwɔrd/
- (NZ) IPA (key): /tɘˈwoːd/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: to‧ward
- Facing or moving in the direction of something.
- We were walking toward the shop when she began feeling sick.
- Looking toward the east, we could see the city.
- I was walking toward my car when I fell.
- I've always had strong feelings toward her.
- If you put money towards something, the money is to help pay for it.
- He's been saving money toward a new computer for school.
- close to
- Toward the end, we were getting very tired.