Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA: /ˈtɪmbə/ or [ˈtɪˑmˌbəː]
- (US) enPR: tĭmʹbər, IPA: /ˈtɪmbɚ/ or [ˈtɪˑmˌbɚː]
Audio (US) (noun) (file) Audio (AU) (noun) (file)
- Hyphenation: tim‧ber
- Timber is trees and forests used as a source of wood.
- They walked into the tall timber to find a place to camp.
- Timber is wood used for building.
- Synonym: lumber
- He went to the timber yard to buy the wood for his house.
- Timber is a piece of wood used in building.
- She carefully chose a timber that had an interesting pattern.
- Timber is wood used as a frame in building ships.
- During the battle he could feel the ship's timbers shiver.
- (transitive) To timber is to use wood as a support or frame.
- The miners had to timber the shaft in the gold mine to make it safe.